Sunday 23 October 2011

Pictures On The Walls

Last week I was going to spend the afternoon painting a wall grey in my dining room. The plan got waylaid by World of Work overspill... but very much later that evening, watching an old Who Do You Think You Are (Natasha Kaplinsky), the wall got its paint.... The painting mojo hasn't returned since then, so I still haven't got the ladder out of the cellar to do the top 4" of wall.


In a bit of a "blah", down-phase a little while ago, I filled my ebay watch list up with Warhol pop art. So the mini blue Liz and the mini red Jackie O were from there...






And to keep the pop art going:












Poster at London Bridge station.








And on another wall, in my dad's lounge, is this l'il beauty:












It's called "Interlude" by Teymour Amiry, 1963. It's been in the house forever; the downstairs of the house is totally still original mid-century. As is the wallpaper throughout the house... The only thing I've found on the artist is a listing on New Zealand's Trade Me. So possibly a New Zealand artist??? Its quite creepy, as I just don't like still, dark water like rivers and ponds, but its quite enchanting even so...

11 comments:

Vix said...

That concrete grey is a brilliant backdrop, isn't it? My stair walls are the same colour.
Love that Interlude picture. x

Trashsparkle said...

Is that the background for the Wall of Misery? It works really well! Going off brilliant white - too many grubby handprints; totally don't get this "have your house totally white and just retouch the walls (each week??) and throw the sofa covers in the wash" lifestyle - tooooo much hard work! xx

Joyce said...

Wow truly lovely paintings! I like how they each have their own "personality" and speak. I think that contrast of the gray wall is perfect. Keep in touch <3

-Joyce
www.carouselstreet.com

Trashsparkle said...

Hi Joyce - loved your post about the drag queen place; that'll be top of my list if I ever get to New York!

Anonymous said...

The Interlude picture is very lovely. I'm in the blahs right now too. I have a dozen half finished projects.
Karlene

Vanessa Mercado said...

i admire you so much... do you really paint? wish you could post your work on your blog, i would really love to see them.. i soo love paintings, they are a true beauty in the eye... love your blog.. following you now...hope you could visit my blog too... kissess!!!!



http://voguelyvan.blogspot.com

ENTER MY INTERNATIONAL GIVEAWAY! WIN A SATCHEL AND FABULOUS ACCESSORIES! HERE'S THE LINK--> http://voguelyvan.blogspot.com/2011/09/september-october-international.html

Kylie said...

I love your grey wall, it's the perfect backdrop for the art you have chosen. I like your Dad's Amiry print too, I would love to see the rest of his house x

Trashsparkle said...

Hi Karlene PinkTutu! I'm glad I showed the Interlude pic on my blog - its been languishing in Kent for oooh, 40 something years, seen by not very many peeps, and I can't find anything on the artist. Hope they didn't give up painting, unrecognised... at least now people can appreciate him or her, retrospectively.
Oh, the blahs. They're the pits, aren't they... hope you're soon up'n'doing this, and getting those projects a bit more along the way towards the finish line.

Trashsparkle said...

up'n'doing THINGS, not this. Can you tell I'm trying to cook dinner at the same time? ;)

Trashsparkle said...

Dina Vanessa VoguelyVan - thank you. Alas, no, they are not of my doing - Warhol and Tretchikoff. I do paint though - I think one of my abstracts on on here somewhere (lounge picture).

Trashsparkle said...

Kylie - I'm glad I put the Amiry picture up on here; he or she is getting some overdue, retrospective appreciation. Wonder if Helga can shed any light on the artist - might be a NZ one?

I have to snap his house behind his back, otherwise he might think I'm trying to put it on ebay ;). There's an Ercol dining set, and sideboard, and some gorgeous soup dishes with handles. I thought of the dishes when you did your pics of the ramekins last week! x